Hot Stone Therapy
Hot stone therapy melts away tension, eases muscle stiffness and increases circulation and metabolism.
Hot stone massage therapy session promotes deeper muscle relaxation through the placement of smooth, water-heated stones at key points on the body. The hallmark of hot stone massage is the use of the heated stones. Basalt river rocks are typically used because they are smooth (from the river’s current) and retain heat well.
In preparation for the treatment, the massage therapist heats the stones in a professional stone heater until they are within a precise temperature range, typically between 40 and 50 degrees Celsius. (Stones that are too hot can cause burns.)
Benefits Hot Stone Therapy
- Provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms
- Reduces chronic stress and tension
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles